Saturday, September 14, 2013

Can Cats See Ghosts?




When a cat stares off into space, is he thinking deep thoughts, trying to remember where he left his favorite toy or could it be he’s seeing a ghost? It’s unnerving right before bedtime or when a cat stares out of a lighted room into the dark hallway. 
What is a ghost? Janice Gilligan, animal communicator, says, “I think of ghosts as spirits stuck in the physical world, attracted to places or energy sources, as opposed to beings that have transitioned and choose or have the ability to continue relationships with their loved ones.” 
JellyBella says, “I don't know if it's ghosts or not, but Stan and Bella are always staring at things I can't see. Of course, our house was once a funeral parlor, so I guess there may be a few "late" guests passing through!”  
“Cats are very sensitive creatures. They hear and smell things beyond our ability,” saysCheylink. 
Gilligan agrees, “Consider the electronics ghost busters use, devices that amplify what our ears are incapable of hearing. They use lights, meters and thermometers. Cats are very self-aware and capable of evaluating their surroundings. They, like other animals, haven’t been programmed to rely solely on their five ordinary senses.” 
Cat ghosts? TTMom says her cat Penny came back to visit. “When Penny died we were living with my in-laws. When we moved back home, Toes looked all over the house for her. I started seeing cat shadows out of the corner of my eye. I even felt Penny get up on the bed.” Many owners experience similar experiences after a pet has gone on but TTMom had an actual sighting. “I was in the kitchen and saw Penny cross the living room and go down the hall to the back of the house. Toes watched her walk by and then took off after her. He came back and looked all over before complaining to me. All I could do was say, "I know. I saw her too."
Gilligan says, “I asked a cat if she was able to “see” ghosts. Her response was “We’re at least as able to discern presences as humans are.” I’ve sensed that cats aren’t always (or even, usually) napping when they’re in that sphinx position, eyes closed, relaxing in the sun. I believe they meditate. I think they experience the presence of a ghost on a more intimate level than seeing.”
“Lynx was on the vanity counter in my bedroom while I was getting ready for work. All of a sudden he looked over my shoulder. I turned and there was nothing there,” says Telynn. “His eyes were following something. It really gave me a creepy feeling. I've seen him stare at a spot on the wall before but I never felt like that. That morning, I really got goose bumps over it.” 
Whether you truly believe in ghosts or just know that creepy feeling of not being alone, perhaps the best attitude to take is the one Chausiefan used as a child. “Can some cats protect us from evil ghosts? I used to pretend that they could when I was a kid, just to help me sleep at night.” 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © DOGS & CATS